Thursday, July 7, 2016

EwE - Mixed Berry Cobbler - Red, White or Blue: It's Up To You!


The US celebrated the 4th of July this week, so Kayte chose a "Red, White or Blue - It's Up to You" theme for Eating with Ellie.  

I decided to go red, white and blue by making Ellie's Mixed Berry Cobbler from So Easy.  There were red cherries, blue blueberries and white (ish) cobbler crust - served with vanilla icecream: 



Look at  all that scrummy oozy fruit - and the crust is made with wholemeal flour and minimal butter:




This was so wonderful served warm on a cold winter's night.

To see what everyone else made for this week's Eating with Ellie, visit the LYL section of the EwE website.

7 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Mmm yum! I love it when the fruit is juicy. And I love the big scoop of vanilla ice cream too! :D

Kari said...

I love the oozy fruit :D Yum.

Johanna GGG said...

sound delicious and warming and you have done well to get a dessert that is wintery for down under and the right colours for American celebrations

Cheri Savory Spoon said...

This is one of my all time favorites, right down to a scoop of ice cream. Looks delicious!

Tania | My Kitchen Stories said...

One of the things I crave in winter is this type of dessert. I have just spent the 4th of July in New York so I am feeling the love here.

Kayte said...

Oh I loved this dessert...yours looks gorgeous and I need to make this one again as I had kind of forgotten about it until I saw yours. YUM. A great choice for Red White Blue week. Here's my post from the old Ellie group when I made it then: http://grandmaskitchentable.typepad.com/grandmas_kitchen_table/2010/08/ceimb-mixed-berry-cobbler.html

Andrea_TheKitchenLioness said...

Dear Gaye, this looks absolutely fabulous - delicious comfort-style dessert! And just perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!