Saturday, October 15, 2016

Jamie Oliver's Mexican Pan Cooked Brekkie



On the weekends, I like to treat myself to a cooked breakfast.  Jamie's Every Day Super Foods has some terrific breakfast recipes, and they mainly use ingredients that I would normally have on hand, so it's no trouble to cook them.

A couple of weekends ago, I made Jamie's Mexican Pan Fried Brekky - Eggs, Beans, Tomatoes and Mushrooms.

You fry up some tomatoes and mushrooms, then crack eggs into the pan which you slosh around a bit so that the whites coat the pan and form a dish for the rest of the components, then add black beans and Worcestershire sauce.  Season with salt and pepper and cook until the eggs are done the way you like them.  Breakfast is ready!

This is a lovely, healthy, hearty breakfast, and is also vegetarian.  It's a great way to start the day.

4 comments:

2paw said...

Oh that looks deliciously tasty. I love Worcestershire sauce!!

Johanna GGG said...

ooh nice! I almost passed this by as I was sure that jamie would make a meaty breakfast - sounds like something I would like to try with a vegan omelette (as I just don't like egg)

Cakelaw said...

Hi Johanna, it may even work better as an omelette, as I found that the egg white dish didn't hold well.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Ooh I think we have the ingredients to make this at home!! Yayy! :D