Sunday, November 20, 2016

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Moustaches for Movember


This month is Movember.  During Movember, guys grow 'taches for money to raise funds for the Movember Foundation to address some of the biggest health issues faced by men: prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and mental health and suicide prevention.

My work has a fundraising team, and I decided to help out by organising a Movember morning tea, entry by gold coin donation.

One of my contributions to the morning tea was Red Velvet Cupcakes, made from the Magnolia Bakery Red Velvet recipe.  I halved the recipe to make 15 cupcakes: 


To make my cupcakes Movember-fit, I adorned them with moustache faces. I iced the top of the cupcakes with vanilla buttercream (my usual Primrose Bakery recipe), then topped that with rounds of white fondant.  I then made the 'taches from rolled black fondant:


It was a little fiddly, but I think they look great.

We raised $62.40 for our Movember team, which is a good outcome as we only have a small office and a lot of people were away on the day.

7 comments:

Peggy said...

Those are too cute! And for such a good cause!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Aww they're so cute!! Great job Cakelaw and a very worthy cause :D

Johanna GGG said...

Wow those are so gorgeous - I bet they sold quickly

Chelsey said...

Haha these are great! Good work with the money raising :) every bit helps.

Diane Zwang said...

They look great and what a great organization. Kudos to you.

Kayte said...

These little cookie duster cupcakes are so cute! What fun!

Margaret said...


Those are adorable. The hospitals do the same thing here. Lots of people participate.